2013/01/31

What about the most important subject of all?

"Yeah, yeah, yeah...." I can hear you saying, "forget the photos of people and cats and ice on the roof of your car. What we, the collective borg want to know is....can the V1 with the 18.5mm f/1.8 take pictures of food?" You tell me...


A wholesome dinner @ 25 Burgers
1/125s, f/1.8, ISO450

A wholesome dinner @ 25 Burgers
1/125s, f/1.8, ISO800

A wholesome dinner @ 25 Burgers
1/125s, f/1.8, ISO400

And to avert any browbeating on the nutritional value of this food, please note that I am only moderately unhealthy. I don't indulge in such food often, but when I do, I do it proper.





5 comments:

  1. These seem over-sharpened; is that post-processing or camera processing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are straight out of the camera RAW files. Maybe what you are seeing is the effect of hard point-source lighting in the restaurant? No greasy foods were harmed or sharpened in the making of this blog post.

      Delete
    2. The hard lighting is part of it, but the edge of the hamburger bun looks a little over crispy, too, for example.

      Delete
    3. The bun was very crispy! And it's just a nice sharp lens, particularly in the center. I know that you don't like changing lenses too often; neither do I, but the only way to get sharp and small is with a good prime. The V1 with this prime and a zoom or two may be good for your travel/muni photography.

      Delete
  2. My 50mm prime is probably my most-used lens on my DSLR. I'm pretty invested in the Canon ecosystem and I'm waiting for them to come up with a mirrorless that I want to buy. The EOS-M isn't there yet.

    I still think the image looks over-sharpened.

    ReplyDelete