2012/09/01

#1583 (Nikon 1 V1)

#1583 (Nikon 1 V1)
#1583 (Nikon 1 V1), a photo by john m flores on Flickr.
I've got to be honest with myself, this isn't much of a photo. I took it because this building kind of looks like a home floating in the sky. And it was late and we had a long drive home so I didn't exactly take the time to work this odd thing into an interesting photo.

But what is interesting is that this is photo #1583 from a single charge of the Nikon 1 V1 battery. Wow. That's a lot of photos on one charge. My Pentax Q, in comparison, needs a nap after like 100 photos LOL. I spent the entire evening at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center playing with the V1's crazy high speed electronic shutter. 30FPS and 60FPS 10 Megapixel RAW bursts over and over again. And this is where it got me - #1583 and still a bar of charge left. Wow. Again.

The Nikon 1 V1 uses the same battery as the one in the Nikon D7000, so it's basically a dSLR battery in a mirrorless body. That's cool.

The only problem is that I've now got #1583 photos to sort through. I've got a good workflow in Adobe Lightroom though. I've got to figure out the best way to show the burst sequences and how crazy 30FPS and 60FPS is. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment